WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Step 1 - Gather all your Information
Step 2 - Decide on a Wedding Date
- Contact NCL Cruises® Reservations, your Travel Advisor or www.ncl.com for a quote on your cruise fare.
- Use the NCL Wedding Calendar to check availability of your wedding date.
- *NOTE, be sure to check your cruise itnerary and confirm that your ship will be sailing to your desired wedding location on your selected date. Ships travel to different locations throughout the year.
- Confirm with your Event Manager that the courthouse will be open on your wedding day as some courts are closed on local and national holidays plus some weekends.
Step 3 - Call ROE or Use the Interactive Calendar to Choose Your Date
- Use the interactive NCL Wedding Calendar to choose your desired location, date and create an account.
- Upon completing the signup page, your date will be placed on a courtesy hold for seven (7) days. Remember, the hold will automatically cancel if payment is not received before the hold time expires.
- Your cruise must be booked prior to your wedding.
- When confirming your date, time and location, you will need your cruise booking number.
- A non-refundable payment of $500 towards your wedding package is required to confirm your ceremony. Please be sure to review the cancellation policy.
Step 4 - Place a Deposit on your Cruise
- Discuss flight, hotel and transfer options.
- If you are being married on the day of sailing, we strongly encourage you and your guests to arrive at least one day prior to your wedding.
- Gather information about pre- and post-cruise hotel packages.
- All wedding couples and their guests with a wedding on the day of sailing are requested to be at the pier by 10:30 AM (varies by port of call).
- NCL transfers may not be available for wedding parties from the hotel/airport to the ship due to time constraints
Step 5 - Complete your Paperwork
- After you book your wedding, your Event Manager will send you guidelines for your selected wedding destination and a contract. Once your signed contract is received, your wedding will be officially booked.
- Upon completion, use your username and password to LOGIN to your online account and provide all required documents.
Step 6 - Create your Wedding Guest List
Step 7 - Contact your Event Manager to Plan Details
Click here to download the Wedding Coordinator Agreement Form.
- All payments on the wedding package and enhancements are due to be paid by 45 days before your sailing date.
- Payment will be made through your online account. We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express or International money order in US funds. Note: Money orders must be received 60 days prior to your wedding date.
- Several of the services we contract on your behalf, such as transportation, musicians, videographers and photographers are contracted on a time basis. If these times are exceeded, Royal Ocean Events Inc. reserves the right to charge you any excess billing. We will add the excess to the credit card on file and send you acknowledgment
- Due to limited vendor ability in peak travel months, Royal Ocean Events Inc. has seasonal increased wedding package prices. These seasonal price increases are $300 if your event falls between December 24 - January 4th, and February 11-14th. Additionally, if your event falls in the month of May or June the seasonal supplement will be $300. These prices are non-negotiable and will be added to your invoice.
- For every 25 guests you have attending your ceremony additional coordinators are required. The fee per coordinator starts at $250.00 and varies per port.
- **A 15% service charge will be added to the final wedding cost. By signing and returning the Wedding Coordinator Agreement form you agree to this fee**
We have designed special vows to commemorate your unique wedding experience. If you choose to use your own vows, please send them to us at least 30 days prior to sailing. Ceremonies last approximately 15 to 30 minutes. Your wedding ceremony will be performed by the approved officiant determined by your wedding package coordinator; however, the bridal couple may provide their own authorized officiant.
Should you be providing your own officiant, please click here to download the Officiant Waiver Form.
*Note: By signing above waiver, the couple acknowledges their responsibility to verify that the officiant listed is certified and registered to perform legal weddings in the wedding port they have chosen to be married. NCL & Royal Ocean Events Inc. cannot and will not be held liable should the Officiants certification not be recognized in the specified port. Any traditional/religious items associated with the ceremony are to be provided solely by the couple and/or officiant.
DISCLAIMER: Please note that if you are working with a third-party member (friend, family member or travel agent), if you have your own marriage officiant, if you are arranging your own transportation for destination weddings or if you are having a Harborside or Destination ceremony that is non-legal, you are required to sign a waiver form. Please advise your wedding coordinator if any of these apply to you.
Third Party Waiver Form
Transportation Waiver Form
*Above documents must be returned no later than 30 days prior to your event.
Priority check–in is provided to guests having a ceremony on embarkation day only. Please be at the cruise terminal between 10:00 am and 10:30 am (9:00-9:30 am in select ports such as New York) to meet with your on-site wedding coordinator to ensure that you will receive priority check-in. Please make sure that all sailing and non-sailing guests are with you at this time. All sailing guests must have their paperwork completed in their ticket book before arriving to the terminal. Please note that we are at the mercy of Customs on the day of embarkation. Once the clearance is given from Customs and Immigration, your wedding coordinator will escort you and your guests through the terminal check-in. Your non-sailing guests will need to provide Security with the identification that was provided on the Visitor Request form. Please advise them that they will receive a visitor’s pass in exchange for their ID documents — they will get these back once they disembark the ship. Once everyone has boarded the ship, your guests will be escorted to the ceremony lounge and the bridal couple will be escorted to their stateroom, which will be ready for them upon embarkation. If there is anything that you need for your wedding ceremony, please hand-carry these onboard, as all luggage is delivered to the staterooms later in the afternoon.
Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to Royal Ocean Events Inc. Cancellation made prior to 60 days of the wedding date will receive a full refund of any monies paid, less $500.00 USD (for Harborside of Destination ceremonies) and $300.00 USD (for symbolic, at sea ceremonies) non-refundable administration fee. Cancellations made less than 60 days prior to wedding day will forfeit the full payment already paid.
Royal Ocean Events requires a minimum of 60 days to book a wedding ceremony with Norwegian Cruise Line. Please note that if you book within this time frame you are subject to the cancellation policy listed above. * 75 days for all legal ceremonies at sea.
Please note that it is the responsibility of the wedding couple to obtain information and apply for a marriage license from the desired port that they wish to marry in. Please inquire with your Royal Ocean Events Coodinator regarding the procedure in obtaining a marriage license in the port where you wish to get married. If you choose a non-legal ceremony in a destination port, please advise your coordinator, as you are required to sign a Symbolic Waiver form 30 days before your ceremony.
Not Sure About The Legal Requirements Of Obtaining A Marriage Licence Click Here.
Please be advised that in the event of strikes, lockouts, weather conditions, medical difficulties or any reason whatsoever Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Ocean Events may at any time without prior notice cancel, advance, postpone or deviate from any scheduled sailing or port of call, Norwegian Cruise Line and Royal Ocean Events shall not be held liable for any loss whatsoever incurred by reason of such cancellation, advancement, postponement or deviation. This includes the ship not being able to call into any port due to weather.
CEREMONY TIMES AND LOCATIONS
All onboard ceremony times and locations are assigned by the Norwegian Group Service Coordinators based on the guest count, ceremony and reception requirements. Destination ceremonies are arranged with Royal Ocean Events and times are given to you based on the number of guests and ceremony requirements. All times and locations are assigned approximately 30 days before your wedding date. Note: The date of your ceremony will be confirmed upon return of the contract. In the event of a conflicting dates, an alternate date will be provided prior to taking any wedding payments and an amended contract provided to be signed.
All of our shipboard wedding packages are designed to accommodate the bride and groom. Norwegian Weddings will allow up to 10 non-sailing guests to board the ship for the ceremony at no additional charge. Should your nonsailing guest count exceed 10, then you will be required to hold a reception. If your non-sailing guest count exceeds 50, please advise your wedding coordinator so he/she may contact Norwegian Cruise Line for approval.
Please note that all prices are subject to change without notice and all items are applicable to state tax. Please have all final information to your wedding coordinator no later than 60 days before your ceremony date, otherwise we will not be able to guarantee the services requested.